View Single Post
Old March 15 2013, 04:01 PM   #90
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

I forgot to add:

I know the NFL is a business, and loyalty to a team or a player is not very important anymore. Still there are some things you just wish were different, not from a business standpoint, but an emotional one.

My sincere gratitude and best wishes to Steven Jackson, who signed with the Falcons yesterday.

Jackson is one of my all-time favorite Rams, and as fan I'm very sad to see him go. He has been a consummate professional. He plays hard every down, and put together an pretty incredible streak of 8 1,000+ yard seasons in a row, on teams that were mostly awful. That includes a 1400 yard season on 1-15 team.

Fisher is definitely putting his stamp on the team, and youth is the key, for better or worse. The Rams are the youngest team in the NFL, and so far have done almost nothing in free agency. First Amendola, now Jackson. Jeff, I hope you know what you're doing!!!

Anyway, Jackson is a class act, and I will miss him. Thanks for all the great effort, Steven.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov