View Single Post
Old March 15 2013, 12:23 PM   #92
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: ELEMENTARY - News, Reviews, and Discussion

I liked a lot of last night's episode, but overall I didn't like it.

I really liked seeing Joan be a detective. I thought her case was interesting.

Holmes' case was also interesting.

Where I think last night's episode failed, however, was in that it didn't play fair with the audience. I had a hunch that the two cases would be connected -- because that's the simplest narrative solution -- but I kept hoping that they would simply be two unrelated cases because it wasn't giving us any reason to link them beyond the video. And then, it didn't give us any clue as to how the solution would work; Joan wasn't trying to find details on the wife's first disappearance, she was sure the wife was actually dead so she wasn't trying to find the wife anymore but instead prove that the husband had murdered her, it wasn't until late that we discovered that the husband resembled the subway pusher at all, etc. In short, there were more rabbits being pulled out of the hat than usual last night.

I wanted the cases to be separate. Alas.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote