View Single Post
Old March 15 2013, 05:31 AM   #182
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn
Re: Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

Sagart wrote: View Post
Kate Mulgrew has a tendency to get on her political/moral/philosophical soapbox during her talks. I once heard Dominic Keating saying, while Kate was on stage and he was to the side of it, signing autographs, "For fucks sake, Kate, tell a joke!"
She is very....classical? She is the kind of person who loves Shakespeare and reading and talking about her life...her kids...etc. She's pretty open and opinionated. I don't know how else to explain her personality. You are right though..."funny" is not the first thing I think of when I see her or think of her, but she can be...it's just more subtle.

I think she is capable of being very funny when she wants to be. It was not showcased much on Voyager to its full potential. Even still...I just love her voice...it's so distinct and not many people have voices like that anymore. I feel the same way about Jessica Lange...I think both ladies have great voices.

I thought Kate was pretty funny here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Ur1E6YDz0

Dead Lazlo's Place
Captain Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote