View Single Post
Old March 14 2013, 07:12 PM   #39
Rear Admiral
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBC Sucks! AKA NBC Primetime lowest watched week ever!

Kestrel wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
This is what happens when you cancel Star Trek.

Anyway, despite its blandola beginnings Grimm has turned into something pretty kickass and I'm definitely looking forward to Revolution coming back. So no, NBC definitely doesn't suck.
I agree. NBC owned the 80's after cancelling Star Trek, a regrettable decision but not a killing one.

The number 1 network tends to be cyclical. CBS was number 1 in the 50's and 60's, then ABC in the 70's, NBC in the 80's and part of the 90"s, and now CBS is back on top. It always looks like the mumber 1 network will never falter when things are going right and like (whichever) network is on the bottom will never straighten itself out. It is usually just a matter of time.

If things go the way they usually do, NBC will likely be back on top one day soon and Les Moonves and CBS out of it, with ABC on deck. Who knows, Fox may be the next network to rule. Maybe a cable channel will break through. Who knows.

I have watched (and still watch), and loved NBC shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Community, The Office, Revolution. I think these are all high quality and unique shows. There isn't a single CBS show I wath on a regular basis.
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote