View Single Post
Old March 14 2013, 06:27 PM   #54
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Re: Veronica Mars Movie - Kickstarter

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
But the kickstarted thing already explains what the movie will be about...

Life has taken Veronica away from Neptune. In the years since spoiling Keith's chances to be reelected sheriff, Veronica hasn't taken a case. But something big is about to bring her back home and back to her calling. My goal is to include as many of your favorite characters as possible. It is, after all, time for Veronicaís 10-year high school reunion. Keep in mind that the more money we raise, the cooler movie we can make. A two million dollar fundraising total probably means cross words are exchanged at the class reunion. Three million? We can afford a full-on brawl. Ten million? Who knows... For some reason the Neptune High class reunion takes place on a nuclear submarine! A Hobbit shows up! Thereís a Bollywood end-credit dance number! Iíve always wanted to direct Bill Murray. Weíll figure out something cool. Hey, if that total goes high enough, Iíll bet the good folks at Warner Bros. will agree a sequel is a good idea.
To me it seems stupid that VM would just give up helping people for so long. Where has she been working? What did she do for the rest of college? She ran away and cried? It was an election, worst has happened.
I took the first part of that description as Rob Thomas' brain dump of where things stand that isn't necessarily gospel. I'm assuming he can change the details of what Veronica and company have been up to since we last saw them as needed to fit the story he's trying to tell. It's not like they have any canon or other established lore beyond the last few minutes of the last episode they have to obey.