View Single Post
Old March 14 2013, 01:37 PM   #11
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: So, what was up with Avery Brooks' comm badge in "Rapture"?

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Could someone help me, I really don't see the issue here. It's not like TOS: The Enemy Within, when evidently someone forgot to sew the arrowhead insignia on one of Kirk's uniforms.

The TNG-era combadges can be removed and reattached by the wearer at will, as part of their in-universe design. Right? So, the Sisko changed his mind about where he wanted it. It was more perfectly Sisko in one spot until it was time to be more perfectly Sisko in another spot. Big deal. Yes?

Or is there some quartermaster mandate about where officers must wear them to the nearest millimeter?
It's kind of where the uniformity in uniforms come from. Otherwise, people can wear combadges wherever or however they want--left, right, upside-down, sideways, on the sleeves, etc.
So, it's either to the nearest millimeter or every which way, eh, with nothing in between? You didn't really answer my question.
You weren't paying attention, so I'll simplify it--if there isn't an official place to wear a combadge on a uniform, then people could wear them any old kind of way. Same thing likely applies to rank insignia in which there is a specific spot and way for them to be displayed on the collar. It's really very simple.