View Single Post
Old March 13 2013, 11:39 PM   #44
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
More passion?

Robert Comsol I'd be interested to know the number of man hours your project takes in total, and an enumeration of what resources you've used on it, when it's finally completed.
A lot of man hours and trial and error thus far since I also aim to present a believable turbo shaft system and - possibly the biggest obstacle - want the result to look accurate and good.

As resources (I read it as references) I use the visual information from TOS (corridor angles) and the dialogue. Basically it's like a giant jigsaw puzzle.

Where I agree with Warped9 is that it is quite a challenge, I'm not so sure about "different ways to interpret the available information."
In "Mudd's Women" and "The Enemy Within" we saw Kirk's (provisional) quarters on (Engineering) Deck 12, so that's where they are.

If one intends to be accurate, I believe it's inevitable to show all the locations from the series, first, and ideally in an arrangement that can be believable. Whatever is left / had not been shown in the series is "up for grabs".

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote