View Single Post
Old March 13 2013, 11:06 PM   #23
J.T.B.
Commodore

Re: 80's albums that hold up on any level

London Calling, X's first four albums, Talking Heads Remain in Light, Speaking in Tongues and Little Creatures and their two live albums, the Replacements Hootenanny, Let It Be, Tim and Pleased to Meet Me, the English Beat's three studio albums, Shoot Out the Lights, REM's Murmur, Reckoning, Fables of the Reconstruction and Life's Rich Pageant, Springsteen's The River, Nebraska and Born in the USA, Tom Waits Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs, Los Lobos How Will the Wolf Survive and By the Light of the Moon, all the Blasters records, Hüsker Dü's Metal Circus, Zen Arcade, New Day Rising, Flip Your Wig and Candy Apple Grey, Pretenders I and II and Learning to Crawl, Steve Earle's Guitar Town, Warren Zevon's Sentimental Hygiene, John Cougar Mellencamp's Scarecrow and Lonesome Jubilee, Rockpile's Seconds of Pleasure, Rosanne Cash's Seven Year Ache and King's Record Shop, Harris/Parton/Ronstadt Trio, Neil young's Old Ways and Freedom, the Pogues' Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, The Minutemen's What Makes a Man Start Fires, Double Nickles on the Dime, and 3-Way Tie For Last

... are a few that come to mind.

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Donald Fagen's 'The Nightfly' holds up well for me.
Good call, I love that record.
J.T.B. is online now   Reply With Quote