View Single Post
Old March 13 2013, 09:40 AM   #225
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Levar Burton aka Geordi La Forge criticizes Star Trek 2009

HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
yousirname wrote: View Post
I thought it was well-made and DDL's performance was excellent as typical. But it felt like the movie had too great a sense of its own worthiness. And the reveal at the end - you know what I mean - felt like a reveal gag at the end of some sitcom episode. I half expected laughter and whoops from a studio audience. And didn't the film get one set of state's delegates' votes wrong, showing them voting against the amendment when they voted for it? Oops! /derail
What does that mean? Honestly, because the movie is supposed to not only be dramatic, but a piece of art. Art is important to those that take it seriously. And the movie is dealing with big subject matters. Slavery and the worth of a human being. The politics of getting a bill passed and building consensus among people who differing views. This is a big moment in human history, why wouldn't that be important?
I think he means it's aware of it's importance, and applies that importance to itself, regardless of the quality of material contained within. That's just a guess, though.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote