View Single Post
Old March 12 2013, 06:06 PM   #2032
Vice Admiral
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Ghostface1701 wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
Doug Otte wrote: View Post

Agreed. Some of the planets, like in The Dauphin, look much better than other 2nd season episodes. I remember the holodeck scene looking a bit dodgy, w/ the sloppy compositing outlines noted in other episodes.

Although I hadn't seen it since the DVD first came out, I too found myself enjoying the episode more than I remembered. One of its strong points is Madchen Amick, but also it's a poignant episode showing a young woman who must cast aside any selfish joy a young person might look forward to, in order to dedicate herself to the betterment of her society.
I really think some of it had to do with the fact I liked the actress better this time around. Something about her sacrifice seemed a lot sadder to me now. I hadn't watched this one in a long time.

A seldom mentioned improvement from Contagion:

An improvement certainly, but still below CBS-D's standards. The textures and modeling on that asteroid look really bad.
Possibly but we really won't ever know. I think they're good enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile pointing out the work.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote