- The destruction of the Lantree
was a fine sequence.
- It was fitting that Dr. Kingsley was annoyingly arrogant. Picard should have ordered Data to smack her.
- The method of saving Pulaski was on first viewing immediately obvious to me as essentially the same method used to save the main characters in TAS: The Lorelei Signal,
and for the same reason. The irony was therefore that TNG was still striving to surpass both TOS and
TAS, at this point in its run.
- Nevertheless, Unnatural Selection
was a definite step up from the last episode, and a welcome indication that the show was, overall, improving.
- Fans (especially, it seems, those preferring DS9) like to say that TNG had no character arcs whatsoever, but this episode depicted a transformation in the relationship between Pulaski and Data.