View Single Post
Old March 11 2013, 09:14 PM   #745
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Yeah, I know I've said it elsewhere, but you can really see how much Kosh changed over the years by listening to what he says to G'Kar in 'Dust to Dust': -

And will you continue until there are no more Narns and no more Centauri? If both sides are dead, no one will care which side deserves the blame. It no longer matters who started it, G'Kar. It only matters who is suffering. What is there left for Narn if all of creation falls around us?

...No hope, no dream, no future, no life...unless we turn from the cycle of death toward something greater. If we are a dying people...let us die with honor by helping the others as no one else can.

...You cannot see the battle for what it is. We are fighting to save one another. We must realize we are not alone. We rise and fall together. And some of us must be sacrificed if all are to be saved. Because if we fail in this then none of us will be saved and the Narn will be only a memory.
Clearly he's talking as much about himself and his people as he is about G'Kar and the Narn. Indeed, compare that to what he said to Sinclair in the very first episode: -

- They are alone. They are a dying people. We should let them pass.
- Who? The Narn or the Centauri?
- Yes.
And then of course, there's his last words to Sheridan: -

I want you to know you were right. I didn't want to admit that. Just pride, I guess. You get my age, you get kind of set in your ways. It had to be done. Don't blame yourself for what happened later.

...It's too late for me. I'm sorry for what I did before. I knew what was ahead. I guess....I guess I was afraid. When you've lived as long as I have...you kind of get used to it.
I wish I could have done more for you. There's so much I should've said. Now it's too late. You're right. It's time you began fighting this war your way.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote