View Single Post
Old March 11 2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Flake
Commodore

Re: New Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser

Dave Scarpa wrote: View Post
I don't know it looks like less Trek than the first one did, what with Kirk and Spock Piloting the Millennium Falcon and piloting thru the asteroid field. And everyone wants to take everyone out. When did our gang of explorers become so blood thirsty. And does every movie have to have some wacko looking to destroy earth, I get enough of that in real life can we do what the Enterprise was meant to be doing boldly going...
I think Kirk is personally disgusted by Harrisons actions due to him having lost someone close to him (based on an plot outline released by Paramount) so its no surprise he wants to be the one leading the manhunt. I know he says 'take him out' but surely not assassinate him? I think starfleet would want him alive. Poor choice of words by Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof. The dialogue is more crude I admit but Enterprise is also guilty of this as well, I think it is done to widen the audience; but I don't think it is necessary. Chris Nolans films have proved that people will still flock to an intelligent movie if its good. Orci/Kurtzman have not got the message and are still in Transformers mode.

I agree that the villain threatening Earth is a case of Deja Vu and I hope we can explore some strange new world in the next movie without any Earth involvement. More of a geniune mystery? Sort of like 'The chase' from TNG done right?
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote