View Single Post
Old March 11 2013, 06:33 PM   #772
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Well, I said "unless I hear otherwise," and this is pretty definitively otherwise. So they were producing new TCW episodes, but now those will be "bonus content" and they're still trying to figure out what to do with them. It sounds like they're sticking with the arc format, so maybe these could be released as direct-to-video movies, or TV-movie premieres on Disney XD or something.

As for Detours, I didn't have much interest in that, but postponing it to "a later date" -- which from the sound of it could be quite a few years from now -- doesn't seem like a very nice move. And I don't see how a parody show would hurt the prospects for the movies.

The new animated series in the "untouched" period sounds interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's set in the gap between Episodes VI and VII, as a tie-in/lead-in to the new trilogy. Although I keep thinking they should just take the scripts they've written for the live-action show (which is supposedly too hard to shoot in live action with current technology) and make them in animation.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote