View Single Post
Old March 11 2013, 12:36 AM   #2167
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

Who said anything about artistic merit? The article is about broadcast TV as a business, which is failing because the audience is abandoning it, not because it's un-artistic but because it's boring. Broadcast is pretty weak tea when everyone can switch over to The Walking Dead and compare for themselves.

Don't take my word for it, wait next season and watch a whole new crop of ratings catastrophes occur. The pilot premises this season sound just like the crop from last year (more boring, even), which are failing all over the place, and those were the ones that survived the process to go to series.

I keep wondering how long it will take the industry to realize that they can't keep doing the same shit over and over, and expecting different results.

Do you see anything interesting here?

I can pick out a few that pique my interest: S.H.I.E.L.D., The Sixth Gun, Abrams' robot cop series...Hatfields & McCoys for the cast, maybe...that's about it. Even fewer than last year, and most of the ones I liked never went to series.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; March 11 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: cat stepped on keyboard, messed shit up
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote