View Single Post
Old March 10 2013, 11:44 PM   #83
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Not that I disagree with the overall point you two are making, but with Farscape and Eureka, if I remember correctly, the shows were renewed and then the renewal was retracted. Ultimately, Eureka got one episode to tie things up instead of a season and later on Farscape got a mini-series a couple of years down the line.

True enough. I can see where retracting a "promised" renewal would leave a bad taste in people's mouths and make them feel as though they had been "cheated" out of another season. As opposed to simply cancelling the show after four or five seasons.

But that's still more about perception than reality.

Just to add a bit of historical perspective:

LOST IN SPACE only ran three seasons. The original TWILIGHT ZONE only ran five seasons. THE OUTER LIMITS only ran two seasons. SPACE: 1999 only ran two seasons. The Adam West BATMAN series only ran three seasons. THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN only ran five seasons. THE INCREDIBLE HULK only ran five seasons. The original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA only ran one season (not counting GALACTICA 1980). BUCK ROGERS only ran two seasons. THE NIGHT STALKER, PLANET OF THE APES, and LOGAN'S RUN only lasted one season each.

Granted, seasons were longer back in the day, but I can't quite see where it's a scandal that a successful Syfy show only lasts for four or five years . . . .

Last edited by Greg Cox; March 11 2013 at 12:05 AM.
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote