View Single Post
Old March 10 2013, 04:10 PM   #58
Christopher
Writer

Re: Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
Let's be honest, this was something that at least on some level was done among friends for shits and giggles. If it were directed by anyone other than Joss Whedon (who not only has a cult following, but now a bunch of newfound industry clout thanks to The Avengers making a shit-ton of money), they'd be lucky to be giving out burned DVD copies in the parking lot at SXSW, much less having a red carpet screening.
Right. This is basically a Shakespeare fan film made by an aficionado and his friends. It's just that the aficionado happens to be one of the biggest names in the industry right now and his friends are actors with devoted cult followings.

Of course, that's not to discount the film's merits. I really, really want to see this movie, and I agree with the AICN guy that I hope Whedon does this regularly. Let's have the Mutant Enemy Theatrical Company putting out a series of adaptations of the Bard's entire canon.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote