View Single Post
Old March 10 2013, 01:17 PM   #18
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: The original plan for Countdown

Tosk wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
It's fantastic, best attitude to take - tear it all down and start again. The old stuff is still there but it allows something new and fresh to be created.
So you're saying that the 'destroy it all' approach would be better than what they eventually went with? In what way?
No I'm suggesting that it's better than the approach taken by many here where the old material is treated like it is a religious text that must be followed at all times and anything that differs from that approach must be resisted by the Talifans.

The actual outcome of such a worldview depends on what actually happens but the spirit is the right one.

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
What exactly does burning all the old stuff add? Wow. It's a very young punk attitude to take. A middle finger to the previous generation.
It's fantastic, best attitude to take - tear it all down and start again. The old stuff is still there but it allows something new and fresh to be created.
I look forward to the opening of Star Wars Episode VII involving Han Solo getting brutally murdered. Lightsaber slash to the groin? Or a blaster shot to the face at close range? It's a sure fire way to honour all the old stuff that's had its day and needs to step aside for the young 'uns.
If it makes sense within the film, why not? If it was a good film, I wouldn't be bothered if the first scene of a new Star Wars film started with the original crew being gassed.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote