Thread: Friction at DC
View Single Post
Old March 10 2013, 02:23 AM   #146
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: Friction at DC

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Neroon wrote: View Post
Last chance, folks. Let's please return to the topic of the thread and not continue this irrelevant sidebar
Neroon, as the guy who started this thread, I see no harm in discussing this, and it's certainly not irrelevant. The entire issue is whether an artist's perceived or actual political stance should affect the appreciation of his art (and whether in fact they are separable), whether and how the artist should be impacted by the public reaction to his stances, etc.
The whole POINT of art is to spark such conversations. I know we culturally just want pretty pictures and Disney, but how about we actually have a conversation around here? Frankly, you're overstepping. We're all grown-ups here. Grown up enough for this conversation, anyway. "Last chance"? Really?
Yes, really. There is conversation and discussion, both energetic and even tense. And there is ranting about unrelated topics simply to be arguing or to lead into political diatribes.

Since it seems that folk here are unwilling to keep clear of the latter, I'm closing the thread for now. Comments to PM, or if you want to try the subject again without the extra baggage, that's possible and we can discuss that via PM if you like.
- Proverbs 12:20