View Single Post
Old March 9 2013, 08:46 PM   #1948
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Hey, this is the first I've seen of this thread since I've not visited this site for ages, but I broadly agree with this verdict on Season 7. I love DS9, but Season 6 was a bit of a letdown for me - the occupation arc was really good and there were some strong individual episodes after that, but overall I felt that after Sacrifice of Angels the season lacked direction and had too many episodes that seemed inconsequential to me. I was actually getting kind of bored with DS9 by the end.

Season 7 really got me excited about the series again. It was flawed, certainly, but I feel the show recaptured some of the Úlan it had in Season 5. Looking at the episode list, there are quite a few questionable episodes, but it didn't seem to matter at the time - I guess that even when it was bad it was rarely boring (apart from some of those Ezri episodes). The Final Chapter had flaws aplenty and I think Tacking Into the Wind is head and shoulders above the rest of the arc, but it was ambitious and felt like it mattered.

Chimera and Tacking Into the Wind are the real standout episodes from this season for me and I think they're right up there with the best of Star Trek.

The thread looks interesting, I'll have a look at the older posts!