View Single Post
Old March 9 2013, 04:33 AM   #403
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

Re: TNG: The Persistence of Memory by David Mack Review Thread (Spoile

I need to learn not to try to read the whole review thread before posting. I get bogged down in all the opposing points of view and end up no longer wanting to comment.

Opening the doors to the warehouse and realizing what was inside - "Hoo boy. I think we might be in trouble..."

Jasminder's demise - I literally closed my Kindle app for a few seconds and mentally screamed, "MAAAAAAAACK!!!!!" And then I shook my mental fist at the sky. David dude, you are evil sometimes.

"Data"'s return - I'm excited to see where he goes from here, what he decides to do with his new lease on life and his new self.

I was thrilled to see Lal being remembered and treated with such respect. I can't think of any character in Trek that made a more indellible impression on me in just one episode. Others perhaps equalled, but none exceeded.

I have to say I was sad to see Julianna end up with Vaslovik. That creeped me out for some reason.

Looking forward to reading the next installment. As usual, Mr. Mack may provoke me to exclamations of despair, but it's always so good when he does.