View Single Post
Old March 9 2013, 04:05 AM   #11
Captain Kathryn
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn
Re: "One Small Step" thoughts

DeepSpaceWine wrote: View Post
Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
Chakotay always gets the shaft and by the end of the series didn't everything pretty much focus on Seven?
Not always. Season 6 was the low, the time there was the most conflict between the producers and him, though he seemed to get a reprieve in "Tsunkatse" and get a fair amount of screentime. He got decent usage in parts of Season 7. I found it interesting he was basically the one trying to get the shanghaied & brainwashed crew back in "Workforce", that it was basically up to him (and Kim, Neelix and the Doctor, 3/4 of the least liked characters according to the series' biggest haters) to reassemble the crew so Voyager's journey didn't end there. It's one of the only things Season 7 improved over Season 6 (and giving everyone their fair share of episodes focusing on them. Even DS9 Season 7 didn't exactly do that. Quark & O'Brien got the short end of the stick).

Critics claimed Chakotay started dying his hair in Season 6, but I just saw some Season 4 episodes again, and his hair looked uniformly black there (he had more gray in Season 2). I think he just used a different shade of black or one with a different sheen that made it more obvious.
I just meant that in the later seasons, he isn't given as much screen time as Seven. Like Robert Beltran has said...his character was not developed to its full potential.
Once there was a grocery man whose name was simply Louie...until the day his store blew up and his produce went kablewie.
Captain Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote