View Single Post
Old March 9 2013, 02:20 AM   #50
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Come on, this is a low-budget film that Whedon shot in 12 days in his house. One should set one's expectations for the production values appropriately.

And I think Whedon's a good cinematographer. I loved his long master takes in Serenity, the Angel season 5 premiere, and the like.
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
^Come on, this is a low-budget film that Whedon shot in 12 days in his house. One should set one's expectations for the production values appropriately.
No kidding. Wasn't he filming this in secret while he was in the middle of making The Avengers? It's hardly a major production.
It has a Clerks air about it, doesn't it? Especially being in Black & White.

Much Ado is without a doubt my favorite of Shakespeare comedies. In fact I drafted a screenplay of it myself, set just after the Mexican-American war. It took place in southern Texas, with Colonel Pedro being an Mexican American soldier and his bastard brother, being half Mexican and half Irish. I'll stop here not to bore you with the rest of the details, still my favorite thing I ever wrote.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote