Thread: Friction at DC
View Single Post
Old March 9 2013, 02:03 AM   #88
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Re: Friction at DC

Noname Given wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
It being good is probably the least of DC's concerns at this point. Just as Sheen being the star of a top rated TV was the least concern of the producers of that show when thinking about keeping him. They have a lot more at stake than doing something you don't like.
Actually, if Card's situation WAS like Sheen's they could have fired the guy without batting an eye. Sheen was coming to work stoned; and having problems DOING the work required. Sheen thought he was untouchable because of the high ratings and all the money being generated. The Producer/Creator had finally had enough though; and pulled the trigger and fired Sheen.

Again, in this situation, I'm NOT defending the guy's views AT ALL. I AM defending his right to be employed REGARDLESS of his views AS LONG AS those views do not affect his work product. I also acknowledge that DC is within its rights to NOT run the story if they feel it will hurt sales profitability; but again, I sttill think it's a sad state of affairs when ANYONE is in effect persecuted for personal beliefs or what they say or think - EVEN IF I think those beliefs are idiotic.
He got paid for his work. Once he turned in the work, his employment was at end. He may not be offered future work, though. Probably not worth the headache or bad publicity.