View Single Post
Old March 8 2013, 10:55 PM   #26
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Full Theatrical Trailer with "G.I. Joe 2"

KirkianLogic wrote: View Post
Devon wrote: View Post
According to TrekMovie.com, the full Theatrical Trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness" will be attached to G.I. Joe on March 29, will clock in around 2:20 and will contain significantly new footage.

There is also an alternate trailer coming out this weekend with "Oz The Great and Powerful."

Read all about it here: http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/07/excl...with-gi-joe-2/
GI Joe and Oz the Great?! Ugh.
BillJ wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
Or compare Khan to Nero as villains...
Both were played by scene chewers and had no real reason to be mad at the people they were mad at.

Really, Khan's reason for wanting revenge was Kirk didn't babysit him.

They're both entertaining movies made thirty years apart with differences in audience expectations and technology.
Actually, Khan was mad at Kirk for killing -- however indirectly -- his wife. I'd say that is a good enough reason to hold a grudge for ten+ years.

Nero was just.... deluded and mad. And a bad actor to boot.
DalekJim wrote: View Post
Obviously it's not a patch on Orson Welles' films such as Chimes at Midnight, Othello, Lady From Shanghai, Citizen Kane, Touch of Evil or F For Fake but it's still a very good adventure movie.

Wrath of Khan is a smart action film. It isn't loud or obnoxious and has just enough depth to get you hooked in to the story. Nicholas Meyer really understood how to make a great blockbuster with both his Star Trek films.
Please don't compare STII to STVI.

Just remember, STVI gave us Uhura trying to speak Klingonese with help from a dictionary. I think Meyer's Trek prowess is vastly overestimated by fans with TUC.
KirkianLogic, please try not to post more than twice in a row in a given thread.

For responding to several people at once, you can click the Multi-Quote ( ) button on each post and then click Reply - the board software will combine them into a single post. (I'll fix this one for you. )
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote