Thread: Friction at DC
View Single Post
Old March 8 2013, 08:05 PM   #26
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Friction at DC

Gaith wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Boycott (as I would), tells others to Boycott, but, you can't call for him to be fired for a "thought crime".
In Nineteen Eighty-Four, thoughtcrime is, by definition, a private thought. Card has joined a public political group expressing his opinions. Irrelevant term is irrelevant.
So, you think McCarthyism was Good?

Are you in favor of Gay Men beng banned from being Preachers or Scoutmasters or Coaches/Teachers because you think they'll molest little boys?

When he puts his Anti-Gay opinions forward, that is the time to go after him. You can't try to prevent a man from working, just because you disagree with his views. That is every bit as prejudiced as the things I listed above or not hiring a young black guy, because you believe "All young black guys are thugs"

@DalekJim, Marriage ensures you are able to be with your Partner/Spouse when they are in the hospital, it ensures you are able to inherit or leave stuff to your spouse/Partner.

There are many, many cases when Gay Partners were deprived of spending the last few minutes of the dying Partner's life, because of Gay Prejudice. There are lots of stories of a Gay partner's life being ruined, because their partner died and the State or the dead Partner's Family took possesion of their things (What a horrible thing to hapen to anyone, let alone someone who just lost the love of their life to death).

Marriage allows you to carry your spouse on your Medical Insurance.

These aren't "extra Rights" as you put it, these are basic rights that should be granted to anyone in a loving committed relationship who are building a life together

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; March 8 2013 at 08:16 PM.