View Single Post
Old March 8 2013, 05:41 PM   #2059
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
What I'm still trying to figure out with Kitty Pryde is - how old is she supposed to be now? I mean I get that she's an "adult" now- but let's face it, Kitty was "Acting" like an adult for a loooong time now. Heck during a good part of Excalibur she was still technically a minor - there was even a subplot during the aftermath of Fall of the Mutants when she was basically foster'd to Courtney Ross that she still had to go to school and even went to this posh boarding school. And that was in the mid-late 80s.

So let's assume that she was maaaaaaybe 17-18 by the 90s - since by the end of the 90s she was doing stuff for SHIELD and was "off to college".
Kitty's age became an issue during Warren Ellis' Excalibur run when Ellis wanted to develop a sexual relationship between Kitty and Pete Wisdom. Marvel decided that Kitty was old enough to lose her virginity to the thirtysomething Wisdom; Ellis was told to make it "tasteful," and even then their sexual relationship was less explicit than Ellis intended. (It was clear they were "doing the deed" from dialogue, but they couldn't be shown in bed together.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote