View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 11:27 PM   #52
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: A Good Day to Die Hard (aka DH5): Grade, Review, Discuss---SPOILER

I love the "no bullshit" attitude of Die Hard 3. I always like to compare it to Die Hard 4 because they have a scene in common:

In Die Hard 3, they are at the bank vault, realize they need to find 14 dump trucks. So they break into a Yugo with a gold bar (!). McClane goes: "Can you hotwire this thing?" and Zeus goes "Of course I can, I'm an electrician. The only problem is: it takes to fucking long." and he starts the car using his multitool.
And bam, the chase continues, the whole thing is very fast paced, no bullshit.

In Die Hard 4, they realize they need to get to one of those power plants before it is shut down. So they need to steal a car. And then they do that onStar BMW ad with Justin Long fake acting. They were literally wasting my time with absolute bullshit on the screen. And then they drive slowly to the power plant, having an unnnecccesssary pseudo-analytical dialogue about McClane's motivations.

How come Die Hard 3 didn't need a scene where they have Samuel L. Jackson go: "Oh, McClane, my hero, why are you doing what you are doing right now?" - "Oh, Zeus, my partner, because no one else is doing it. Btw, I am no hero, I only do what I have to do. And I have lost everything because of it, blabla." - "Oh, McClane, that is it what makes you a hero, blabla."

Instead, they are "Fuck you!" - "Fuck you, too." I love it.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote