View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 08:46 PM   #36
Locutus of Bored
The Droid You're Looking For

Re: 38 minutes of the film in Brasil - SPOILERS!

The Google translation came across a bit like Uhura trying to convince the Klingon outpost to let the Enterprise head toward Rura Penthe in STVI, but from what I gleaned from it (and assuming the author's impressions of the first 38 minutes are accurate - which they seem to be given what we already know) I can't say I'm too enthused about them basically rehashing a lot of the plot of the first movie, especially where it comes to Kirk's "hero's journey."

None of that is a dealbreaker for me by any means, and I'm still greatly looking forward to seeing the movie, it's just that I would have preferred to see Kirk

It just seems like taking a step backwards to me before returning to the status quo again.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote