View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 07:36 PM   #1943
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Definitely can't agree that Season 7 is better than Season 6, which apart from a few junk episodes at the end was a very consistent season. That occupation arc and episodes like Far Beyond The Stars, In The Pale Moonlight and Waltz are DS9 at the peak of its powers.

Never really thought about it until now but if I had to rank the DS9 seasons I'd go:

5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 7 > 1

Season 7 is the only season where I consistently have problems with the arc. The Prophets/Pah-wraith stuff is ridiculously cookie cutter for the generally morally ambiguous DS9 and the space Jesus shit was too much.

Still, the finale was really good when it wasn't focused on these plotlines and I have no big beef with Ezri or Vic Fontaine. Better than the nonsensical cartoon caricature Dukat was this season.

I love DS9 and consider it one of my favourite shows but the first and last seasons are the hardest for me to rewatch. Much as I love Emissary, Duet, Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges and What You Leave Behind.. little else captures my imagination.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote