View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 05:08 PM   #2451
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I am just starting to collect stuff again but I'm really focused on DC (mainly Batman and Superman) some Marvel stuff (like Spider-Man and X-Men), and MOTU. Oh and Trek stuff as well.
You know, I'm watching Hoarders: Buried Alive right now...and it always leads me to wonder at what point does our collecting become hoarding?

I take solace in the fact that I don't have a hard time walking around my place and not in danger of losing functionality in any part of my home...but damn is it creepy to occasionally see hoarders that "collect" comics and figures.
Periodically, I'll go through a purge and get rid of a ton of stuff--including some things that I'll regret doing so later. A lot of it has to do with moving house every so often and not wanting or able to take everything with me.

Man, the amount of stuff I've pitched probably might be considered criminal to collectors, including a mostly intact Eagle transport from Space: 1999 that I just didn't have room for in my new place several years ago.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2689/4...896_z.jpg?zz=1