View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 03:45 AM   #15
Terran_Empire
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Federation is inhumanly benevolent

Before racing off to be confrontational, I suggest you actually read and make sure you understand what you have read before responding. It makes you look...a bit silly and petty otherwise.

If you think TOS would be improved by Kirk simply taking whatever he wants, whenever and wherever he wants -- then you not only do not understand "Star Trek," you don't understand dramatic storytelling.
Well I guess you don't understand written english, because I have never made any such claim.

I also object in the strongest possible terms to your judgement of even fictitious societies. You apparently never took frehsman anthropology. The term "savage" in academic studies went out with the Model T. Well, at least the Edsel.
Are you okay? Savage is a term used casually to refer to something wild, primitive and/or brutal.

Or -- to put it into current terms -- should we exterminate every "backwater" South American tribe that happens to sit upon resources that we crave? What gives us the right?
It's not a matter of "should we?", it's the issue of "will we?". I do not think you fully understood my OP.

You have an extraordinarily imperialist view.
In the words of our esteemed Lt.Cmdr.Spock, quite an illogical conclusion. Just because someone thinks such a benevolent future is unrealistic in no way means they themselves advocate violence, hatred, or imperialism.