View Single Post
Old March 7 2013, 03:10 AM   #2445
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
It's weird we're getting stuff and you guys aren't..."I sense a disturbance in the Force"
Some people think it's Hasbro simply not wanting to take any unnecessary risks with a U.S. retail market that's still saturated with lots of leftover 2012 product that's not selling. That might hold some validity until you realize that the company is still shipping cases of 2012 figures that didn't sell last year and just making things even worse.

At least if they shipped the new 2013 product it'd get a lot of initial buyers because most American collectors are thirsting for new product and mad that most new stuff won't start hitting until the end of summer and beginning of fall. If the market's going to be hit with a slew of additional figures it would make a lot more sense for them to be new or new-ish and not just more of the same junk nobody wanted six or twelve months ago.

Frankly you have people lining up on both sides of the argument, the Hasbro defenders and the critics....and some people try to play both sides of the fence. In the meantime, Brits, Germans, Spaniards and Canadians get new figures and we Yanks have to continue staring at store pegs full of the same-old 2012 stuff even though we're the world's biggest and most successful market for these lines.

I don't get it. All I can say is....