View Single Post
Old March 6 2013, 06:59 PM   #23
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Paramount and CBS teaming for TV production

xortex wrote: View Post
I don't agree and here's why: Babylon five and BSG both did direct to dvd movies that were aired on network tv every so often. If the next movie flops which I hope it does and so should everybody because then CBS might follow that pattern of putting out small tv movies out every so often on netflix or somewhere where the quality of the stories matter more than the wiz bang special effects explosions, unless you prefer that over quality story telling. Testing the waters in that way would more assuredly and effectively lead to the success of another series than totally bankrolling a singular vision of a singular team of idiots like Bad Robot and putting all your eggs in one vapid basket.
So far the evidence suggests ST09 was a boon for ST and it's associated merchandise. Its possible that STNG-R may not have had the final green light without the success of ST09. As of right now, the leading candidate for a new ST series is JJ Abrams and co, and Lindelof stated they were interested in producing one IF the next movie is a success. To which I say: I'm already awaiting the announcement.