View Single Post
Old March 6 2013, 06:08 PM   #26
billcosby
Commodore

Re: The new SimCity...*sigh*

B.J. wrote: View Post
There are still people playing all four previous iterations of SimCity today. What happens to this one in X number of years when EA decides they're done supporting it and shuts down the servers?
Exactly... THIS. One thousand percent.
We can still plug in old 8-bit Nintendo systems and play those ancient games for nostalgia's sake... but good luck getting into games long abandoned by their host servers shutting down forever.

I won't get into a game that I can't grow and age with... I get a lot out of playing my favorite games I haven't touched in 5-10 years. New games that start off dependent on their developer's servers are dead to me...

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Diablo III broke sales records and is the fastest-selling PC game in history. So yes, most gamers will take it up the ass, those of us that care about the way these companies treat customers are in the minority. Always-online DRM is here to stay for as long as people keep buying those games.
Yes, I know I'm in the minority here, that doesn't make it any less lame or downright insulting to a consumer that the producer assumes that I am complicit in piracy before the software is installed! I don't care how awesome the game is, I wouldn't install an always-on DRM game if you paid me.

Also... some people live in Canada with shitty download caps and outrageous internet access fees. I don't want anything talking to the internet that doesn't need to.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote