View Single Post
Old March 6 2013, 12:38 PM   #4544
{ Emilia }
oh em gee

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Starkers wrote: View Post
I’m not sure this is strictly speaking a British thing.
Oh, it most definitely isn't. It's just something I never noticed as much before when British teams were involved. So it seemed a bit new.

Although... I do remember Ferguson and his stupid, stupid, stupid "Typical Germans" comment (which if I recall correctly was aimed at... Ribery and Robben ). So there's that.

I love Conte's irony by the way. Asked whether he could imagine Lennon in Serie A he replied: "Yes, he's a very capable manager and he has learned to blame refs for defeats. He would fit right in Serie A."

Plenty of managers/clubs/fans blame officials for the decisions that cost games. Me I figure most of the time it evens out in the end, swings and roundabouts as they say.
Yeah, that's my take on it, too. I also don't see conspiracies everywhere (which makes me an untypical Italian football fan I guess. )

it's just Jax
"I modeled Starfleet after the Fremen army in Frank Herbert's 'Dune'. Through cultural imperialism it spreads its values all over the galaxy, much like the holy Fremen warriors spread Paul Muad'dib's message.
Spock is a Mentat, the rational element in this chaotic universe."
- Gene Roddenberry 1974
{ Emilia } is offline   Reply With Quote