View Single Post
Old March 6 2013, 12:36 AM   #6169
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
^^^To kirk55555

I think you're reading a different DCU than I am. You should, though, check out Wonder Woman's solo book. It's great.
I read the first six issues. It was garbage, especially the art (the greek gods have never looked stupider). The story isn't the worst of the New 52, but it was bad. I also HATE the "Wonder Woman is from an island, so she gets confused about the real world" stuff, and lets not forget her making Klingon's look like teletubbies. There have been much worse runs, but the current one is pretty worthless. I have read a lot of the new 52 books for atleast a few issues, and most of it is bad. I don't hate everything I don't read, but everything I don't read or hate is just garbage. Some had potential (JL Dark might have kept my attention if it didn't get boring, and make Zatanna into a stripper) but it didn't live up to it. Some were just offensively bad (like Teen Titans and Red Hood and The Outlaws, which I actually stayed with out of curiosity much longer than I should have). Overall, DC is easily putting out the worst mainstream comics ever right now. The old DC had bad stuff, like all companies do. But, the bad stuff they are putting out now is beating even the worst of the old stuff. Well, ok, nobody beats All Star Batman as worst Batman, but I've always though Miller's Batman stories were horrible anyway, so it would be unfair to compare even Snyder's bad stuff to the things Frank miller has turned out, especially in recent years.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote