View Single Post
Old March 5 2013, 11:52 PM   #229
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Mind you, this is strictly anecdotal, but it seems to me that CN has a disconnect between their creative and management directives. I don't think Young Justice would likely appeal as much to that set as other properties could. It just seems too serious and solemn. The main characters are young men and women not so much teens.

It's hard to imagine shows like Sym-Bionic Titan were ever going to move much toys, maybe T-shirts?

Green Lantern seemed closer both in tone and design, the characters look like toys but that fell apart for some reason.

It just seems as if their programming is not in sync with the marketing and sales goals. When they had the unannounced hiatus some weeks back it seemed as if the showrunners were as surprised as the audience.

While I think this odd separation has allowed for some interesting shows to be developed that would probably not have happened otherwise there might have been more success if both sides were working towards a common goal (if I'm indeed correct at all about any of this...).
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote