View Single Post
Old March 5 2013, 11:40 PM   #6163
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I'm assuming it means Superman will now be more like the Punisher, going around without the "chains" of morality and just killing people.
Yeah, I think you're probably wrong.

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post

I guess my question would be: was Superman ever CHAINED? Hasn't he ALWAYS been UNchained? It at least makes sense for Django.
Yes he was.

It is one of the iconic images of him.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...-to-the-brand/
Yeah, I saw those. But, aren't they showing that chains can't really hold him? So, again, he's always been unchained.

I know it's semantics. But, it's just such a silly title....

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I believe in critiquing the art and not the artist. On the other hand, Orson Scott Card is a piece of shit and I absolutely refuse to put any of my money in his hands.
That's where I am. I don't want my money to be used to prevent others from getting equal rights. Maybe if he wasn't sitting the board of an organization ACTIVELY pursuing discrimination... but...

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Comics is a niche fandom. The mainstream population's opinions are closer to OSC's. Look at all the support Chick-fil-a got. It'll be the same for his movie.
I don't know, more than 50% of this country supports gay marriage, so, mainstream is not closer to OSC's opinion. Whether or not the general population is motivated enough, or cares enough to not show up to the movie is an entirely different question.