View Single Post
Old March 5 2013, 10:26 PM   #112
Christopher
Writer

Re: IDW Star Trek Ongoing...

I'm not talking about "movies." As I have repeatedly tried to explain, I am talking about three specific individuals named Jeffrey Jacob Abrams, Alexander Hilary Kurtzman, and Roberto Gaston Orci, and what their own specific creative records show about their ability to create strong, central, empowered female characters. You're obsessing on one isolated example of their work and ignoring all the female-led shows they've created or produced -- Felicity, Alias, Fringe, Undercovers, Xena. It is ridiculous to say that the people behind those shows are unwilling or unable to write about women as more than sex objects or set dressing. I don't even know why you want to claim that about those three specific men. There's plenty of actual sexism out there you're welcome to condemn, but why accuse these three people in particular when the evidence overwhelmingly shows the opposite?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote