Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III - free admission
Safe - DVD
The Mechanic - DVD
Jack the Giand Slayer 3D - free admission
Happy People: A Year in the Taiga - free admission
The Wiz - free admission

I went into work early Sunday night to see JtGS 3D show.

I didn't care for it much...yeah, its an update of a fairy tale, so the villians are obvious, the endin' is telegraphed, and the story is pretty simple all the way through. But that's no excuse for bad CGI and a cash grab for 3D upcharges.

I did like Ewan McGregor's captain of the guard, though. He was a fun character.

Went to the Ritz last night for a couple of movies.

HP:AYitT is a Werner Herzog documentary about a village in the middle of Siberia. Herzog basically follows a hunter around from spring to winter, while also pickin' out a few others in the village to highlight, like the WWII veteran, the guy who makes dugout canoes, the local drunks who do menial labor, and so on.

I thought it was an interestin' look at a way of life that would kill me. So, of course, afterward, I overheard a couple of guys talkin' in the restroom about how they could live like that, givin' the proper skill set. Assholes.

I followed that up with my first viewin' of The Wiz, the urban update of The Wizard of Oz with Diana Ross, Michael Jackson & Richard Pryor. That must have been the easiest payday for Pryor, ever.

It was silly and over the top and it took me forever to figure out the thing on Michael Jackson's nose was a peanut butter cup wrapper!

Got a plan to attend the employee screenin' of Wrong, the next movie from Drafthouse Films, tonight.