View Single Post
Old March 5 2013, 12:57 AM   #220
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post

One of the things I've enjoyed about both GL and YJ is that they've been different. Too different and original to last, it seems. But what else is new?
I think it's been mentioned in this thread, but, I don't think it's about being to different and to original to last, but YJ and GL didn't sell enough toys. And that's ultimately why they are being cancelled.
Right, I read that. I wasn't exactly making a factual claim, so much as just venting, in the form of stereotypical nerd rage (in a manner that I'd hoped would have come through clearly enough to read).

However, in all seriousness, perhaps the shows being too off-beat had something to do with the toys not selling?

Or, more precisely, perhaps it was a combination of the shows' audiences simply not demanding the toys that were supplied, and of people who buy such toys not being interested in those shows in particular. I don't really know, because I never even saw the toys. It's a foregone conclusion that I wouldn't have bought them, unless they just happened to be some exquisitely crafted collectibles.