View Single Post
Old March 4 2013, 11:37 PM   #805
Christopher
Writer

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
By this line of reasoning they shouldn't have included Iron Man if Downey Jr. bombed bad with the box office and critics/fans?

I certainly didn't like the Thor movie at all for the most part but they still had him in the movie because he was part of the initial comic lineup.
Non sequitur. Thor was the tenth highest-grossing film of 2011. Naturally there are going to be individuals who dislike any given film, but Thor didn't come anywhere remotely near bombing. Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 80% audience approval and 77% critic approval rating.

The whole Marvel thing was a huge gamble.. even if the solo movies were successes the team movie could have ruined it all by being all flash and no substance.
Which is why they were smart to give it to Whedon. It guaranteed that wouldn't be the case.

Marvel didn't have contingency plans because these movies need years to be done and were tightly integrated into the entire universe so even if an actor turned out bad he still would have been in the movie.

The exception of course if Norton's Hulk/Bruce Banner..
I don't think that's the exception, I think it proves your previous statement isn't true. Particularly when you consider that they also recast James Rhodes when Terence Howard got disappointing reviews.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote