Boogeymen (TNG #17) by Mel Gilden
A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin

Over the last week, I finished:
Titan: Fallen Gods by Michael Martin
Dark Passions Book One by Susan Wright
Contamination (TNG #16) by John Vornholt
A Flag Full of Stars (TOS #54) by Brad Ferguson
Renegade (TOS #55) by Gene DeWeese

I actually enjoyed Fallen Gods quite a bit, although there are other Titan novels I like better, particularly Orion's Hounds and Synthesis. I enjoyed the characterization of the Ta'ithans, and I am most interested to see what happens concerning

in future books.

I understand from Voyages of the Imagination and also from other sources that A Flag Full of Stars was significantly changed from original manuscript to published form. I understand that Brad Ferguson doesn't really feel that it is "his" work any more - sounds like a similar situation to what happened with Probe. I wonder if there is more information somewhere about the original content of the novel.

Dark Passions was... interesting. With the Dark Passions novels being set before all of the DS9 Mirror Universe episodes, I wonder if future mirror-universe-only novels make any reference to them, or are they basically stand-alone works?

Technically, I suppose I can't really claim to have read all of Renegade, since my copy is actually missing about 40 pages - there is a stretch basically from about page 80 to page 120 that is printed twice in the novel, and then pages 121 to 160 are dropped from the book - I seem to remember that my original copy purchased in 1991 had the same flaw. My current copy is also a first edition, I may keep my eyes open for a copy of a later edition and see if I can find the missing text. Luckily I was able to figure out what happened in the missing pages from reading the remainder of the story.
Garrovick is offline   Reply With Quote