View Single Post
Old March 4 2013, 05:14 AM   #417
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Going Veggie

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Sector 7 - to save looking pulses up :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_(legume)

and Avocado's ARE sentient. They are, however, evil. So it's O.K. to eat them...
Eh, hem. You should have checked that link first, my friend. It takes you to a Wiki page that says no such article exists, etc. Don't you just love Wiki sometimes?

Legumes does tell me that they are some kind of beans, I gather. As long as they aren't like lima beans, I'm good.
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Yay! I'm glad people like it.

Question: I would like to take a diabetic multivitamin. The problem is that the one I took is no longer manufactured, and so I am currently taking none. I don't like this, as the vitamin helps me with the diabetes, and it also supplies nutrients I might not be getting from my diet.

So I'm looking around, and almost all of these multivitamins have niacinamide instead of niacin in them, which I am told elevates blood sugar in type II diabetics, which would be me. Any suggestions?
I am also a Type 2 diabetic, fibromyalgia, arthritis, COPD, sleep apnea and much more. You are correct that diabetics tend toward vitamin deficiencies more than regular people. WalMart carries inexpensive multi-vitamins. I'm in my 50s, so I use either Centrum Silver type [usually Equate brand or such] for around $4-$5 for a 90-day supply.

My doctors and pharmacists tell me there are no differences between brand names and generic vitamins, as long as you read the label. I take one vitamin, twice daily and it helps. So far, I've never had a problem with vitamins increasing my blood sugar noticeably.