View Single Post
Old March 3 2013, 02:58 PM   #719
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Lord Lunacy wrote: View Post
Then there is that thing that Jedi do...they sense deaths through the force...although I've only seen Yoda show that trait.
Um, you have seen the original film, haven't you? "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Besides which he never "turned" on Ahsoka. He was acting in his role as Supreme Chancellor of the Republic and his ruling was based on what they knew at the time.
But that's just it -- he wasn't. We saw him essentially making the prosecution's closing argument for them even though he was supposed to be the impartial judge.

Not to mention the rush to judgment in the first place. I know it's a common TV/movie trope to create suspense, but they put her on trial before the defense even had enough time to mount a proper investigation. Couldn't Padme have requested a continuance or a recess or something long enough to let Anakin do some digging?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote