View Single Post
Old March 3 2013, 02:54 PM   #33
EddyDrama
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Barnes & Noble Reducing Orders of New Trek Books?

Here in Finland we don't get much of Star Trek books in bookstores. We have 2 major bookstores here, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa and Akateeminen Kirjakauppa. Suomalainen Kirjakauppa has very small sci-fi section, often being one small shelf that has both sci-fi and fantasy and sometimes it's mostly fantasy, once I went there and counted all the different sci-fi books on shelf and there were 3 different sci-fi titles, but their internet store is great and cheap.

Akateeminen Kirjakauppa on the other hand has quite big sci-fi and fantasy section that consists of multible large shelves and they alvays have some Star Trek books there, they order most of the Star Trek books and order around 3-5 copies each. The problem with them has been that sometimes they get the books really late, I preordered Cold Equations book 1 around september-october and 2 weeks ago I got a confirmation that the order has finally came, which is too long of a waiting time. Often they might have a week or two delay in getting the book but now it was just ridiculous especially as they have higher prices than their competition, but I am willing to pay the higher price as long as they keep the books on shelf.
EddyDrama is offline   Reply With Quote