View Single Post
Old March 3 2013, 02:56 AM   #24
Dream
Admiral

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?

After reading the script for this episode, Terry Farrell requested that Dax be killed now if she was going to be killed at all. At the time of production, she had already decided to leave the show following the end of season 6, as contract talks had failed to bring about a new contract for season 7, and she felt that having Worf complete the mission and leave Dax to die would create a very interesting character arc for him in the final season. According to Farrell, "I knew I wasn't coming back for the seventh season, so it was really written well, and it was the controversy of whether Worf should come back and save my life and not complete the mission, or complete the mission. But he decides to save his wife's life, and I remember thinking, 'Ah, this would be the perfect one to just end it'. I had asked not to be killed, but if you need to kill me because that's what you need to do, that would have been the perfect episode to do it because it would have been so much more for Worf's character to play in the long run, because he would have let his wife die, but completed the mission. Oh my God, what an awful thing to live with."
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chan..._%28episode%29

That is an interesting "What if..." had the writers done things a little differently. That would have taken real balls to write, but it might have been too dark even for DS9.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote