View Single Post
Old March 2 2013, 04:32 PM   #125
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: INS- Son'a/Dominion Question

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
T'Girl parses my posts down to two-word or one-sentence snippets
To indicate the portion of your previous posting that I was going to refer to, comment upon, or question.

In case you didn't notice, in both cases your posting was immediately prior to mine. Personally, I dislike it when entire (sometimes long) posts are quoted in their entirety, when the person responding is going to be commenting on only a certain passage.

and then asks questions that were already addressed in my post had she not deleted the relevant portions
FYI, I lack the ability to delete anything on this forum other than my own postings, all your posting exist in their original form where you first posted them.

And where did you address the point of your own posts that I questioned? When you say that Picard "was well within his rights to act on their behalf since they invited him to stay." The Baku never invited Picard to stay, I specifically asked you where in the movie this was supposed to have happen. If you choose not to elaborate on your statement fine, your option. But you did not already address it.

You pointed out that "at no time was the possibility of establishing low tech rehabilitation facilities for Federation and other government's citizens on the planet raised in the film." I wondered why such facilities would have to be low tech. And I pointed out it wouldn't seem to be a requirement for the radiation to do it's work. You still haven't gone into the reasoning of the low tech.

The movie did say at one point that for truly serious medical cases, the radiation would require multiple years to have the desired effect. Some people wouldn't be simply visiting the planet, they would be basically moving there. They might be required to be in a hospital on the planet when they first arrive, could need that hospital for months or years. Taking people in serious physical need, and just dumping them into a one of thousands of rustic villages scattered on the surface (even with the radiation) would be a death sentence.

Also, of the people seeking the benefits of the rings, while some might prefer it, not all are going to want to live in a low tech community. So why the low tech?

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote