View Single Post
Old March 2 2013, 03:49 PM   #6100
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

You are seriously overestimating the importance of Batman Inc if you think it's comparable to Watchmen.
Oh, lord no. I'm simply saying that if they don't have respect for the Watchmen--a well loved COMPLETE story, why would they have respect for Morrison's wishes?
There are valid reasons to dislike the idea and/or execution of Before Watchmen, but I will fight anyone who bases their objection around ideas of "respect" for Alan Moore and his work. Moore has based a large part of his career around doing things with other people's characters and stories that their original creators would never have approved of as, I might add, was his intention with Watchmen before DC editorial realized it rendered their newly obtained characters unusable so taking Watchmen and changing and adding things is absolutely fair play as far as matters of "respect" are concerned.
Yet the reality is: Paul Levitz never went forward with any further Watchman material out of respect for Moore. Once he was out, others felt differently.

Which will happen with Damien. Currently people might respect Morrison's wishes, but that will change. That's the point I'm making. Not trying to get into an Alan Moore discussion.